Friday 8 December 2017

My Target Audience & How I Engaged Them



My Target Audience & How I Engaged  Them

Who Is My Target Audience: Action Steps
 To make sure I reached my target audience's satisfaction levels, I had to create an audience engagement profile. This was to know who they were, what they were interested in, why they wanted such a thing and where they most likely to hang out. It was also about environmental factors such as age ethnicity and social class. 
In my investigation I looked how brands are a key part of my audience's life. For example,Looking at  Bauer Media, NME and SkyI saw how they were able to define their audiences. Moreover, I looked into my audience's interest to find out what pleases them cinematically and how I could achieve such a result.

I had to investigate:


Who is my primary target audience? 

Our target audience is teenagers and young adults from the Occidental world which we want to appeal to using our intrepid thriller genre and our storyline. They will range from the age of 15-25 which we feel is the perfect age gap to create a bond between the film's characters and the viewers.

What kind of films and television are they likely to prefer?

Our audience would be interested in TV reality type of shows and the everyday American series which would feature on Netflix and other types of streaming networks.  Films such as November criminals and NERVE can definitely be apart of our audiences 'watchlist' as these movies are targeted towards our audiences preferences nowadays. We feel that we can relate to our audience's needs as our age gap fits into our target market's. This will ensure us being able to provide the best possible final outcome to suit our needs which, in most part are our audiences.
                    

3.What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they
 likely to see information about films?

Our audiences will mostly to hear and learn about our film from their favourite social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc. This will give the audience a chance to entice their thoughts about the film to their friends and peer groups around them. The typical teenage/young adults platform nowadays will go out to the movie theatre as social outings. This sort of gathering definitely conforms to our audiences' preferences as they like to be quite active and sociable.



     4. What brands do they prefer? 

Proceeding with some research, I came to a conclusion that brands such as Urban outfitters,  Pret A Manger, and social media platform such as twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. Were most likely to feature on our target audience's life. Personally I am a fan of all these brands but I do have individual preferences and so do they. They will be taken into account as our audience consists of a multitude of people classed into these rather restrained categories. 


5. What makes my film stand out from the competition?

When Eve, a teenager, loses her mother, she lashes out at her friends for being unsupportive. Eve is prescribed opioids to help her cope but soon becomes addicted. Confiding in her online blog, she reveals her inner rage as she nurses disturbing vindictive  tendencies and confides in her only remaining friend, her doll, Elizabeth.

The USP-unique selling point is key to making our film stand from the rest of the competition as we are able to stand out and provide a platform never been covered before by others.

6
. Why should my audience watch my film? For example:  Total Film / Empire / Cinema Scope / Slant / Sight and Sound says: Most powerful psychological thriller since Don't Look Now!

My film is a great combination of thrill and entertainment, our special features added such as the opioids addiction and the psychopathic character that is Eve, create a real sense of reality for the viewers. The character's soft spot for these painkillers just make her more human as we are aware that the path to mental destruction can come easy with any type of abuse.

Time spent understanding my audience has helped me create a profile of my ideal audience member. This information was then useful when I created my marketing and distribution strategy.






1 comment:

  1. Excellent work here, Marada. Beautifully illustrated, reflective of your thought processes, full and thorough.You can now place this under the Creative Critical Reflection.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

MARADA KOCHI CANDIDATE NUMBER 1526 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680 I worked with Chloe Saville 1553 and Lydia O'Reill...