Sunday 7 January 2018

Construction: Making an Ident

Making an Ident for my Production:

Today in class we learned how to create an ident for our film production. Having no experience in doing so, I have to focus on every details and make sure I would be able to create a perfect indent for my production team. As a collaborative effort, Chloe, Liddy and I started on part of the indent together and later on I continued the ident adding my own touches and skills learned today. I completed it using iMovie.

Starting by exploring the kind of theme we wanted the girls and I each research the different green screen themes on Youtube to then decided which would be best for our ident. I found I perfect green screen which went for our theme of spooky and rather sombre. We obviously do not want our theme to relate to our film but we want our company to illustrate what it will be known for.

Getting a green screen was the easy part as all we needed to to was to type in "ss" in front of of the word youtube in the link. After doing so, I was able to download the clip and work with it from iMovie. Adding a background to the green screen would make the green go away therefore it was imperative to find an appropriate and effective one.




We then proceeding to find a background colour to place  behind the green screen. We picked a background that had quite a dark touch to it but that would not clash with the green screen. I found an ashy grey background which seemed to give off the sinister vibe we were after. I then proceeded to copy it and include it our indent. I overlapped the green screen with the background using the "green/blue screen" option on iMovie . This took away the green background and replaced it with the background we added to it.  Using "Dafont" I selected the font longshot which I felt would suit the indent's overall fit.

We called ourselves Seven Studios as we wanted to make it slightly more personal and we wanted to make sure we would be able to relate to the production name (We combined our dates of birth to create seven as the final number). We also wanted to make it memorable by using alliteration with the s'.




The final ident I completed: 







1 comment:

  1. Excellent work and beautifully presented in great detail with explanations and illustrations of the process. You have developed an ident which will indeed grip the audience and get them in the right frame of mind for your genre. Well done to the Seven Studios. The sound effects are chilling too, as if a child (or doll?) were laughing.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

MARADA KOCHI CANDIDATE NUMBER 1526 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680 I worked with Chloe Saville 1553 and Lydia O'Reill...