Friday 5 January 2018

Voice over using Quick Time

Today in class, we learnt how to create a video voice over using the application Quicktime. This app can be used for screen capture, or for prepared visuals. To show my capabitity in using the software, I have prepared a smaller clip to show my understanding of it. However, here is a step by step instruction as to how I managed the recording.


  1. Quiet is essential so use a quiet so there is no background noise
  2. Open Quicktime
  3. File > new screen recording 
  4. >Internal microphone 
  5. Click on your video, still photo or your PP
  6. To start recording, press the red button (as below) which opens a white button (find this button at the very top right of your screen). Allow a few seconds lead-in time or your recording will be clipped.
  7. Save as Quicktime 720 or 1080
  8. Upload to YouTube for your blog





What I found quite complicated with this process was to remember to leave it a few seconds before starting to say what I needed to . Keeping the background noise to a minimum was also rather challenging as the microphone on my; laptop was quite sensitive to any sound from. any area of my house.




1 comment:

  1. It would be helpful to demonstrate the way in which you used this skill for your actual work. It may be on the video but you don't write what it is about and at the moment the video will not open for me.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

MARADA KOCHI CANDIDATE NUMBER 1526 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680 I worked with Chloe Saville 1553 and Lydia O'Reill...